Rivalry of Warlords
Samurai Warlords Structure Text
Each player can only control 1 Type of monster. Send all other face-up monsters they control to the Graveyard.
While you control a face-up monster, you can:
● Take control of an opponent's monster with EG "Brain Control", even if it has the wrong Type.
(If it has the wrong Type, it's immediately sent to the GY).
● Summon/Set monsters face-down, even if they have the wrong original Type.
● If you control no monsters, you can Summon multiple monsters with different Types at the same time.
(After they're summoned, send monsters you control to the GY so that you only control 1 Type).
While you control a face-up monster, you cannot:
● Tribute Summon a monster using your only face-up monster if it has the wrong Type.
(EG: Your only face-up monster is "Treeborn Frog". You can't Tribute it for "Caius the Shadow Monarch").
● Ritual/Fusion/Synchro Summon a monster with the wrong Type, even if you would use the monsters you control as tribute/material.
(EG, you can't use 2 Sea-Serpents to Synchro Summon a Psychic).
● Flip/Normal/Special Summon a monster with the wrong Type.
● Summon "Lava Golem" (unless all monsters your opponent controls are FIRE).
● Summon "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames" (unless you control no monsters, or only FIRE monsters).
If a Set Monster is attacked:
● It's not sent to the GY until After Damage Calculation.
● Its Flip Effect will activate, but it is not "destroyed by battle"
(EG, Shura and Mystic Tomato will not trigger, since nothing was destroyed by battle).