Rivalry of Warlords
① Each player can only control 1 Type of monster.
Send all other face-up monsters they control to the GY.
While you control a face-up monster, you can:
● Take control of an opponent's monster with EG "Brain Control", even if it has the wrong Type.
(If it has the wrong Type, it's immediately sent to the GY).
● Summon/Set monsters face-down, even if they have the wrong original Type.
● If you control no monsters, you can Summon multiple monsters with different Types with EG "Rekindling".
(After they're summoned, send monsters you control to the GY so that you only control 1 Type).
While you control a face-up monster, you cannot:
● Tribute Summon a monster using your only face-up monster, even if it has the wrong Type.
(EG: Your only face-up monster is "Treeborn Frog". You cannot Tribute it for "Caius the Shadow Monarch").
● Ritual/Fusion/Synchro Summon a monster with the wrong Type, even if you would use the monsters you control as tribute/material.
(EG, you can't use 2 Sea-Serpents to Synchro Summon a Psychic).
● Flip/Normal/Special Summon a monster with the wrong Type.
● Summon "Lava Golem" (unless all monsters your opponent controls are Fiends).
● Summon "Uria, Lord of Searing Flames" (unless you control no monsters, or only Pyros).
If a Set Monster is attacked:
● It's not sent to the GY until After Damage Calculation.
● Its Flip Effect will activate, but it is not "destroyed by battle"
(EG, Shura and Mystic Tomato will not trigger, since nothing was destroyed by battle).